updated animals, news link
Sortable version of above
Take pictures of all of your friends' farms even if they're not your neighbors yet.
- Leave one type of each gift your receive in the giftbox, this includes gifts received for earning ribbons. To get a gifted blue ribbon, you need 21 unique gifts so make this a priority before going for any other ribbons.
- Do not buy trees or animals, ask your friends to send them to you.
- Plant unprofitable seeds only once.
- Keep an eye on your friends achievements, filter news by farmville, and get bonuses from their achievements.
- Trade off for high profit margin of raspberries is no experience while planting. However, when you figure in 1xp for plowing, rapberries are the best crop until at least level 12.
- If you find it annoying to have your avatar running around the whole farm when you're harvesting/plowing/planting, trap him inside 4 hay bales.
- You can buy xp by buying buildings and decorations. While the exchange rate on most items is 100:1, plus sell back value, the exchange rate for yellow Hay Bales is 20:1, plus 5 for sell back, making it 19:1. Not counting opening menu and selecting Hay Bales, this way you get 2.5xp per click
- Buying xp option 2. This would require more space and spare gas tanks but will cost 10 coins per xp. Use tractor to plow 4 fields, use seeder to seed the 4 fields with Soybeans, delete the fields. Not counting opening menu and selecting Soybenas, you get 2xp per click.
- Be helpful. Helping your neighbors earns you 5xp and 20 coins. Click on your neighbors on the bottom menu and select "Visit/Help". After you help a certain number of people, you will only earn 1xp and 5 coins. If you have less neighbors than the limit, click on My Neighbors tab and from there, instead of clicking on the go to neighbor's farm link at the top, scroll down to Pending Request neighbors and do them top to bottom on one day and bottom to top next day. If you have enough confirmed neighbors, start from one end on one day and from the other end next day.
- You can now fertilize your neighbors' crops when you visit them. This works only for those farms where there is something in the process of growing. If nothing is planted or the farm is dead, there's nothing to fertilize. Fertilizing increases possible experience earned from visiting neighbors from 0 to 5 to 0 to 10. Now, even if you've reached your quota for helping, you can still earn an additional 5xp for fertilizing. There doesn't seem to be a quota for fertilizing.
- Bird Baths and Hay Rolls sell for 100 coins, Horses, for 105. After collecting one of each animal and tree, request from your neighbors Olive trees and those three. Do same yourself too. Personally, I sell everything except for Olive, Date and Pomegranate trees and a few of each seasonal items. I'm also keeping Cherries and Maples, but that's only until I get a blue ribbon.
- Knock on Wood - Use Cherries and Maples.
- Zoologist - One Chicken Coup and several Dairy farms. Remember, Brown Cows and Pink Cows bring a lot more money.
- Architect - This can be completed easily using Rest Tents when you have enough money. In the beginning, do not buy these as you will receive several building for free when you earn other ribbons.
- Pack Rat - Don't buy mailboxes, you'll get them free. Easiest way to get this ribbon, fence in your farm.
- Animal Shelter - Ask those of your neighbors that you know personally to message or I/M you when they find an animal.
- Tree Hugger - Do not buy trees, with the exception of seasonal ones. Ask your neighbors to gift them to you.
- Noah's Ark - Do not buy animals either. Again, with the exception of seasonal ones. Adopt and ask your neighbors.
- Not Spoiled, Gifted! - Leave one of each gift in the gift box until you get a blue ribbon. This shouldn't take too long. Besides receiving gifts from neighbors, you'll also get gifts from ribbons.
- Flower Power and Pretty Garden - Grow flowers around the middle of your farm where your avatar appears. This will insure your visitors will fertilize the flowers first. You can use the flowers in the Garden Shed to earn at least one ribbon, which will also give you another bouquet.
- White Eggs - White Chickens, Brown Chickens, Pink Flamingoes, Garden Gnomes
- Brown Eggs - Brown Chickens, Black Chickens, Zen Garden, 1 Fuel Refill
- Black Eggs - Black Chickens, Golden Chickens, Fire Pit, 15 Fuel Refills
- Golden Eggs - Golden Chickens, Donkey, Animal Float, Carousel, 30 Fuel Refills
Coins that appear during plowing are worth 50 coins each.
FarmVille News feed filter.